EC-Council Certifications are designed to provide the foundation needed by every Electronic Commerce and Security Professional .
Overview of Security5 Certification
Security5 certification is one of the entry-level security certification available from EC-Council and it is designed for those who are interested in learning computer networking and security basics.
Security5 certification provides fundamental skills and knowledge necessary to network computers.
Security5 means five components of IT Security namely Firewalls , Anti-Virus , IDS , Networking and Web Security.
Advantage of being Security5 Certified
The Security5 Program certifies that the candidate is competent in the use of PC Networking skills and essential concepts of IT Security.
Any one who wants to gain knowledge of Networking and Computer Security.
Candidates can take up EC-Council's Course for Security5 before taking the exam 112-12
Security5 Course Outline
- Foundations of Security
- Basic Security Procedures
- Desktop Security
- Administering Windows Securely
- Recognizing Security Threats and attacks
- Secure Internet Access
- Working on the Internet
- Knowing Online Payment Systems
- Incident Response
Security5 Certification Requirements
The required exam to be taken is :
112-12 Security Foundations
The Expected Difference between CompTIA Security SY0-501 and SY0-601.
The additional information is expected to include the following:
- Cloud support
- Security for modified virtualization platforms
- Mobile device security issues
- In depth analysis of monitoring tools
- Additional information on network access control models
- Common mobile device manufacturer issues
- Questions covering SSo multifactor authentication techniques and tools
- Best practices for Cyber Security threats
- Penetration tests
- Vulnerability scans
CompTIA Security+ SYO-601 Exam Domains:
- Implementation (25%)
- Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities (24%)
- Architecture and Design (21%)
- Operations and Incident Response (16%)
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (14%)
SECURITY+ EXAM DETAILS
The 90-minutes-long exam with a passing score of 750 comprises of 90 multiple-choice and performance-based questions.
JOB ROLES FOR SECURITY+ TRAINING
Any IT role that is involved in security readiness and preventing cybersecurity threats can benefit from a Security+ certification. This titles that can most benefit from having a certification are:
- Security Administrator
- Systems Administrator
* For more information on this course and certification , visit the officail website below