The Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) Certification is one of the available certifications from (ISC)2. CAP certification is an objective measure of the knowledge, skills and abilities required for personnel involved in the process of authorizing and maintaining information systems.
Overview of CAP certification
CAP credential applies to those responsible for formalizing processes used to assess risk and establish security requirements and documentation.
Requirements for CAP certification
The ideal candidate should have experience, skills or knowledge in:
- IT security
- Information assurance
- Information risk management
- Systems administration
- 1-2 years of general technical experience
- 2 years of general systems experience
- 1-2 years of database/systems development/network experience
- Information security policy
- Technical or auditing experience within government, the U.S. Department of Defense, the financial or health care industries, and/or auditing firms
- Strong familiarity with NIST documentation
Please visit, (ISC)2 CAP Practice Tests for more information on exam details.